Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tara S remembers Kurt...

Kurt was my best friend in high school. We attended Huntington Beach High school together. He was a year ahead of me. We spent almost every day hanging out..I had a crush on him. But he just liked me as a friend. And that was fine. I remember him showing me one of his first drawings he'd done as a small child, of a house burning. It was beautiful, of course. I have so many memories of amazing adventures we had, breaking into the old power plant on First St. in Seal Beach. There we found amazing old rusted cogs and bolts. We used those in art projects. We made up stories and puppet shows. We cooked together. Too many stories to tell. The picture of him at the prom is with Kathy Raines, whom he absolutely loved. She was one of a set of twins, Kathy and Karen, who were also dear friends... I have been looking for Kurt for years. The last time I saw him was when he was living in some big house in Long Beach and I remember he was really getting into drumming at that time. We had grown apart, as I was living in Hollywood. I have a few photos of Kurt, I will try to find them and scan them--sitting on the lawn at Huntington Beach High School. It says on this site that he went to Marina. But that was only his first year. Then he transferred to H.B.U.H.S. I kind of thought that he'd passed on, as I was unable to find him. But now that I've found this site and have confirmation I feel very sad to think he didn't live a long life. I would have loved to introduce him to my sons. I'm in shock.

-- Tara Strohmeier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home