Thursday, July 19, 2007

He was always so open and encouraging...

David Norling shared this memory:

"I, of course, am running through all the memories I have of Kurt...and one that stands out is in my Long Beach days when I was an aspiring poet I would often show Kurt my poems, and he was always so open and encouraging and motivating that long after I'd lost the courage to show them to anyone else I still showed them to Kurt.

"He was, in fact, the last person I ever shared my poems with before I stopped writing them. Not that they were ever any good, but he just made me feel good for having written them...What a guy, what a loss!"

2 Comments:

At 10/28/09, 10:59 AM , Blogger Lise Peterson said...

I miss my brother very much.I have been sifting thru the artwork he left behind.My sister Lindsay and I split up the peices and I drove back to the Northwest with these beautiful drawings in the back of my truck.I have picked out several that I am having framed.Hopefully you will be able to see them too,soon.They will be on my facebook too.

 
At 10/28/09, 11:03 AM , Blogger Lise Peterson said...

I remember when I was young,Kurt,older than I was,would create "Treasure Hunts" for me.It started with a little poem with a hint where to look for the prize.On finding the "treasure"there would be another hint to yet another location.Again,another peice of candy and a little toy or treasure of some kind.The "treasure hunt "took me all over the house nd sometimes out into the yard.It was so special.He did this for me many times over the years.Lise Peterson

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home